Skip to content

jQuery Gantt editor – bugfix released

August 30, 2012

Online Demo

Download Sources

After few days of “massive debugging” we released an upgraded version of jQuery Gantt editor

jQuery Gantt editor demo

(try it)

Bugs fixed:

1. an ugly bug when using the editor with a western time-zone: GMT-n (e.g: USA, Canada, South America etc.).
  2. an invalid message call when a circular reference was created that force  js execution to stop
  3. no detection for avoiding a parent depending on its descendant

New feature:

1. dependencies now supports lags: you can specify a dependency in the form of “7:3″ that means the task will start after three days task “7″ is completed

I’ve upgraded the component documentation: http://roberto.open-lab.com/2012/08/24/jquery-gantt-editor/

Try the demo here http://gantt.twproject.com/

Feedback welcome!

8 Comments
  1. Gaurav permalink
    August 30, 2012 20:47

Same here. I think the INVALID DATE FORMAT error comes up only when you choose dates in the past.

2. August 30, 2012 22:03

I’ve tested quite a few gantt libraries recently and this one comes closest to supporting our workflow. Would you consider to add the ability to collapse nodes (this is especially useful if there is a lot of data in the chart and you want to get focus)?

Thanks for open sourcing this!

• August 30, 2012 22:03

[subscribing to this thread]

• August 30, 2012 23:46

We already started to develop this feature (there are some lines of code already written), but we had to release the “main” product so we “frozen” this feature.
      But the idea is still there……

3. August 30, 2012 23:42

I’m sorry for the inconvenient on our component; as I wrote on my post it is part of a larger pm solution http://twproject.com, where internationalization and time-zone management are solved server-side by user settings. We have no issues reported for the embedded component, so I’m quite confident to solve this problem quickly.
    I hope to release a new patch tomorrow.
    Stay tuned.

4. August 31, 2012 03:53

Still can’t use this for my workflow, but i have to tell you, this is simply amazing.
    Never thought of jquery to do this kind of job.
    Great work.
    Thanks for the open source.

5. Dheeraj permalink
    February 13, 2013 15:03

Great work. first time have seen component for gantt editing. Please would you let me know if it is possible to get this working with knockout. At the moment we are using knockout view-models for data binding.

• February 13, 2013 15:36

Thanks!
      This Gantt editor interact with the server for loading and saving project only.
      A MVVC model, as Knockout is, requires to implement the “view” part respecting its “syntax”, and my component doesn’t; so a full integration could be really hard.

If instead you want to intercept client-server communication, this is more confortable.

Comments are closed.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: